2018 Y102 Waconda Boats and Motors Wishin’ I Was Fishin’ Contest Rules
These contest rules are for this contest conducted by NRG Media, LLC d/b/a KRNY (the “Station”), KRNY Y102. The Station’s general contest rules apply to this contest as well. A copy of these specific contest rules and the Station’s general contest rules are available at the Station’s studio at 2223 Central Avenue, Kearney, NE 68847, during regular business hours and on the contest page on the Station’s website at www.krny.com.
How To Enter:
1. No Purchase is necessary.
2. The contest is open to legal US residents at least 19 years old living within 60 miles of the Station’s studios at the address above.
3. The Wishin’ I Was Fishin’ Contest runs from 6am Tuesday May 29 to Thursday August 2nd 2018 in 2 parts. The winner will be announced on Thursday August 2nd 2018 at 9:30am
Contestants may upload their photos according to these rules beginning at 12:00 a.m. Thursday May 29 2018, and continuing through 9:00am Friday July 20th 2018
Voting will begin at 9:30am Friday July 20th 2018 and end on Thursday August 2nd at 9:00am.
4. The registration/entry process will require you to register with the game administrator, UPICKEM, to upload photos and /or to vote. Complete the online registration/entry form by submitting the Entrant’s name, address, phone number and e-mail address. Limit one (1) registered UPICKEM account per e-mail address and limit one (1) contest entry per UPICKEM account.
5. Click on the “Upload Photo” tab and:
a. Submit one (1) fishing photo (as defined by requirements in Section 5 below) that depicts something to do with FISHING.
b. Enter your first name, and the town/city where you live, and
c. By entering you agree that:
• you are nineteen (19) years of age or older at time of entry.
• you own the rights to, or has permission to use the uploaded image.
• No persons (children) under 19 years of age are to be in photo. They will be disqualified.
• Station and sponsor(s) may use the uploaded photo and other entry information for advertising and/or promotional purposes, in any format.
• Station own all photographs once they are submitted, whether or not the photo is selected as a winner, and entrant agrees to sign any documents requested by Station to evidence such transfer of ownership.
• You agree to indemnify Station should any representations or warranties made by entrant herein prove to be false or inaccurate
6. Photo entry requirements:
a. Only a photo that is consistent with the Fishing theme of this contest may be submitted for entry. The person who caught the fish must be in photo
b. For purposes of this contest, the term “photo” may include, but is not limited to the inclusion of, any image that may be produced by an analog or digital camera, an optical image scanner (or simply, “scanner”), a “screen dump,” “screen capture,” “screenshot,” or “screengrab,” and/or the digital manipulation of one or multiple photographs achieved by the use of image editing software.
c. The photo must be uploaded in either the “.jpeg” or “.jpg” file format (no other formats will be accepted), using the method described in Section 4 above.
d. Photo entries must not contain or depict any registered trade/servicemark or other copyrighted material
7. Photo entries (as defined as well as any comments that may be posted to any photo entries in this contest, must not be indecent, profane, obscene, explicitly sexual, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, libelous, or hateful, (ii) to be racially, ethnically, or otherwise offensive or objectionable, (iii) to encourage unlawful behavior, (iv) to infringe upon the brand names, trade-marks, trade names, logos, or any other intellectual property that may belong to a third party, or (v) to disclose any detailed personal, physical, contact, or otherwise confidential information that may belong to a third party. Station shall not be required to make the same determination based on the foregoing for every photo and may treat each photo entry differently, in its sole discretion, even if the problematic content is similar.
8. All entries are subject to preliminary review for verification of eligibility and compliance with these contest rules based on the information provided in the entry form only. Each Entrant whose information appears to be compliant with these contest rules will be accepted as a “Qualifier”. Station is not responsible for lost or misdirected emails. Being accepted as a Qualifier does not mean that you are deemed eligible for this contest and if Station becomes aware later or after the winner is selected that a Qualifier was not actually eligible, he or she will be disqualified and will forfeit any prizes.
10. Station may use any entry submitted for entertainment purposes and may choose to comment on, mock, poke fun at, and/or mimic any entry submitted.
11. Automated voting of any kind is not permitted. Votes submitted through automated voting will be disqualified at
Station’s sole discretion. Participants can vote up to 10 times per day.
How to Win
12. On Thursday August 2nd 2018 in the 9am hour, Station staff or management will determine the winner based on the number of votes received.
13. In the 9am hour on Thursday August 2nd 2018, Station will announce the winner over the radio on Station. The potential Grand Prize Winner need not listen in order to win. Station will contact the potential Grand Prize Winner by email after the on-air announcement. Should the potential grand prize winner not meet the eligibility requirements or is disqualified for any other reason, including failing to claim the prize within seven (7) days of the announcement, Station may select (but shall not be obligated to select) an Alternate Grand Prize Winner. If Station cannot find an eligible alternate winner, the Grand Prize will not be awarded in this Contest.
14. Y102 will award one (1) Grand Prize in this contest. The Grand Prize:
• a $320 Gift Pack from Waconda Boats and Motors Republican City Nebraska including a Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker, Tube, and 2 Connelly Life Vests
Station and/or sponsor reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
Other Rules Specific to This Contest
15. The only person entitled to win any prize in this contest is the Entrant who submitted the photograph, provided they meet all eligibility requirements.
16. In order to receive the Grand Prize, the Grand Prize Winner will be required to visit KRNY Office at 2223 Central Ave. Kearney, within seven (7) days of the announcement of the winner on-air. When picking up the Grand Prize, the winner will be required to:
(i) produce documentation establishing their identity, and
(iii) sign a document releasing the Stations, UPICKEM, sponsor(s), their parent and subsidiary companies, their officers, directors, members, employees, agents, shareholders, affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising agencies from all liability, claims, or actions of any kind whether related to the contest entry, winning the contest, or use of the prize after receipt and acknowledging their eligibility to win and their responsibility for all federal, state, and local taxes; and
(iv) any other documentation of eligibility requested by Station and/or sponsor.
18. Neither Station nor UPICKEM are responsible for Internet crashes or slowdowns caused by network congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, phone line failures, electrical outages, natural disasters, Acts of God or man. Station is not responsible for any error or technical malfunctions associated with the UPickEm site that may affect any entrant’s ability to enter, win, or be properly considered in this Contest, regardless of the cause. In the event of a malfunction associated with the UPickEm site that Station (in its sole discretion) deems to materially and adversely affect this Contest, Station reserves the right to suspend this contest, terminate this contest without a winner, terminate this contest and select a winner early, provide alternative means of entry or any other changes to these contest rules that Station deems appropriate under the circumstances. Any such changes, terminations or suspensions will be announced on air and/or posted on the Station’s website, if applicable.
19. Employees of Station, UPICKEM, sponsors, and their affiliates, their respective parents, subsidiaries, advertising sponsors, promotional agencies, and other radio industry employees and the immediate family members of each are not eligible to win in this Contest. Immediate family members include spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, grandchildren, in-laws, whether by current or past marriages, remarriages, adoption, co-habitation or other familial extension and any other person residing in the same household whether or not related.
20. This contest and all related pages, contents and code are copyright UPICKEM and NRG Media, LLC. Copying or unauthorized use of copyrighted materials, trademarks or intellectual property without the express written consent of owner is strictly prohibited.
21. This contest is not intended for gambling. If it is determined that a contestant is using the contest for gambling purposes they will be disqualified and reported to the appropriate authorities.
Station reserves the right to change the rules at any time.
No purchase necessary. One valid entry per contestant.
You must be 19 years of age or older at time of entry to be eligible for this contest. This contest is void where prohibited by law.
Winners will be notified by email. If a winner is unreachable after seven (7) days, or if that winner is unavailable for prize fulfillment, an alternate winner will be selected. If KRNY-FM cannot find an eligible winner for the prize, that prize will not be awarded.
Automated voting of any kind is not allowed. Detection of said automated voting will lead to votes being voided.
Only one registered account per voter. If multiple accounts are detected for a single voter, they will be disabled and votes disqualified.
KRNY-FM reserves the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equal or greater value.
KRNY-FM reserves the right to restrict the local winners to only persons whose primary residence is within a 60-mile radius of the affiliate’s’ office.
Employees of KRNY-FM, its respective parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising sponsors and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of each are not eligible.
Contest entrants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the contest commissioners, which are final on all matters pertaining to the contest.
Entrants further grant to KRNY-FM the right to use and publish their proper name and state online and in print, or any other media, in connection with the Contest.
KRNY-FM reserves the right to use any and all information related to the Contest, including information on contestants obtained through the contest, for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
The Contest and all of the related pages, contents and code are copyright, UPICKEM, and/or KRNY-FM. Copying or unauthorized use of any copyrighted materials, trademarks or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
Each winner, by acceptance of the prize, agrees to release all Sponsors, and their parent and subsidiary companies, their officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, and advertising agencies from all liability, claims, or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, or use of the prize.
UPICKEM and KRNY-FM are not responsible for Internet crashes or slowdowns caused by network congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, phone line failures, electrical outages, natural disasters or acts of man or God.
All results posted are unofficial until winners respond to e-mail notification.
Each winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and will be required to complete an IRS form W-9. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold prizes until completed form W-9 is received.
This contest is not intended for gambling. If it is determined that a contestant is using the contest for gambling purposes they will be disqualified and reported to authorities.
KRNY-FM reserves the right to change the rules at any time.
This contest is officially sponsored by KRNY-FM.