“KRNY BUCK STOPS HERE” Contest:
KRNY Buck Stops Here Contest Rules Addendum.
These contest rules are specific to the KRNY Buck Stops Here Contest (the “Contest”) conducted by NRG Media, LLC d/b/a KRNY (the “Company” or the “Station”). These rules are intended to supplement the General Contest Rules, however, to the extent that the General Contest Rules differ from these rules, these rules will govern and control with respect to this Contest.
A copy of these specific contest rules and the Station’s General Contest Rules are available at the Station’s studio at 2223 Central Avenue, Kearney, NE 68848 during normal business hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday and on the contest page on the Station’s website at http://www.krny.com.
CONTEST RULES/HOW TO ENTER:
The KRNY Buck Stops Here Contest is a photo contest that will be decided by listener vote. Listeners living within 100 miles of the Station’s studio may upload photos of themselves with the wild game they shot, and listeners will have the opportunity to vote on the photos.
The entry/voting process will require you to join the KRNY Listener Club to upload photos and /or to vote. Complete the online registration/entry form by submitting the Entrant’s name, address, phone number and e-mail address and other information as requested. Only one account per entrant/voter.
Listeners can upload photos beginning at midnight, Monday, October 8, 2017 through 9 a.m. Friday, November 24, 2017. One photo per submission. No photo-shopping or editing, no internet sourced photos.
Listeners will vote for their favorite photo beginning at 9 a.m. Friday, November 24, 2017 through 9 a.m. Friday, December 1, 2017. Listeners must join the KRNY Listener Club to be able to vote. Listeners can vote up to ten (10) times per day.
The photo with the most listener votes will win First Prize in the contest, a $500 Rackology Gift Package.
The photo with the second highest listener vote count will win Second Prize in the contest, a $300 gift pack from Gentert Pack of Holstein.
In case of a tie, the tie will be broken by a random drawing of tied photos.
The winners will be announced during the Scotty-O Show on December 1 during the 9 a.m. hour.
The prize winners need not listen in order to win. Station will contact the prize winners by email after the on-air announcement. Should the potential grand prize winner not meet the eligibility requirements or is disqualified for any other reason, including failing to claim the prize within seven (7) days of the announcement, Station may select (but shall not be obligated to select) (an) alternate prize winner(s). If Station cannot find eligible alternate winner(s), one or both prizes may not be awarded in this Contest. Winner must complete affidavit of eligibility and federal W9 tax forms before prize will be awarded.
All results posted are unofficial until winners respond to email notification and are confirmed.
By submitting a photo:
- Entrant represents and warrants that the subject of the photo is 18 years of age or older. Submissions with individuals younger than 18 years of age will be disqualified.
- Entrant represents and warrants that he/she own the rights to, or has obtained permission to use the uploaded image.
- Entrant represents and warrants that he/she consents to and authorizes Station to post the image to Station’s website or social network sites or use the photo in any other way the Station sees fit.
- Entrant consents, agrees and acknowledges that Station and contest sponsors and their respective affiliates, parents, employees, agents and all other related sponsors may use for advertising and/or promotional purposes, entrant’s name, image, photo submission, other entry materials and/or biographical information on radio, on websites and/or any other medium in connection with participation in this contest or otherwise without the payment of any additional compensation.
- Entrant understands and agrees that Station shall be the sole and exclusive owner of the photograph submitted, whether or not the photo is selected as a winner, and entrant agrees to sign any documents requested by Station to evidence such transfer of ownership.
- By submitting a photo in a Station contest, entrant agrees to indemnify Station should any representations and warranties made by entrant herein or in the applicable contest rules prove to be false or inaccurate.
- Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the contest rules are available to him/her at www.krny.com and has had an opportunity to review them before entering this contest and agrees to be legally bound by those contest rules.
Photo entry requirements:
- Only a photo that is consistent with the Hunting theme of this contest may be submitted for entry.
- For purposes of this contest, the term “photo” may include, but is not limited to the inclusion of, any image that may be produced by an analog or digital camera, an optical image scanner (or simply, “scanner”), a “screen dump,” “screen capture,” “screenshot,” or “screengrab,” and/or the digital manipulation of one or multiple photographs achieved by the use of image editing software.
- The photo must be uploaded in either the “.jpeg” or “.jpg” file format (no other formats will be accepted), using the method described in Section 4 above.
- Photo entries must not contain or depict any registered trade/servicemark or other copyrighted material other than those owned or licensed by the entrants or the Station or a Contest Sponsor. The foregoing is not intended to require Station to disqualify entrants who, in Station’s sole discretion, appear to be innocently wearing clothing or are in areas that just happen to contain third party logos or marks.
Further, Station may, but is not obligated to pixelate/cover any trademarks/servicemarks/copyrighted materials in Station’s sole discretion.
Photo entries, as well as any comments that may be posted to any photo entries in this contest, must not contain or convey any content that the Station determines at its sole discretion, subjectively or otherwise, (i) to be indecent, profane, obscene, explicitly sexual, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, libelous, or hateful, (ii) to be racially, ethnically, or otherwise offensive or objectionable, (iii) to encourage unlawful behavior, (iv) to infringe upon the brand names, trademarks, trade names, logos, or any other intellectual property that may belong to a third party, or (v) to disclose any detailed personal, physical, contact, or otherwise confidential information that may belong to a third party.
Station shall not be required to make the same determination based on the foregoing for every photo and may treat each photo entry differently, in its sole discretion, even if the problematic content is similar.
All entries are subject to preliminary review for verification of eligibility and compliance with these contest rules based on the information provided in the entry form only. Each Entrant whose information appears to be compliant with these contest rules will be accepted as a “Qualifier”. Station is not responsible for lost or misdirected emails. Being accepted as a Qualifier does not mean that you are deemed eligible for this contest and if Station becomes aware later or after the winner is selected that a Qualifier was not actually eligible, he or she will be disqualified and will forfeit any prizes.
BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST AND SUBMITTING PHOTOGRAPH, THE ENTRANT IS REPRESENTING TO STATION THAT THE USE AND DISTRIBUTION OF SUCH PHOTOGRAPH WILL NOT VIOLATE OR INFRINGE UPON THE RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, COPYRIGHTS OF OTHERS.
By submitting a picture, Entrants agree to indemnify Station should any representations and warranties in these contest rules prove to be false or inaccurate.
By entering this contest, Entrants understand and agree that Station may elect to use any entry submitted for entertainment purposes and may choose to comment on, mock, poke fun at, and/or mimic any entry submitted.
Entrants waive any right to make any claim against Station or any contest sponsors with respect to any comments – disparaging or otherwise – made regarding such Entrant’s entry. Station may use any and all information obtained through the contest for marketing or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
Automated voting of any kind is not permitted. Votes submitted through automated voting will be disqualified at Station’s sole discretion.
This contest is not intended for gambling. If it is determined that a contestant is using the contest for gambling purposes they will be disqualified and reported to the appropriate authorities.
Station reserves the right to change the rules at any time.
Winner, on his own behalf and on behalf of Winner’s heirs, successors or assigns, in consideration of participation in a contest, and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, does hereby COVENANT TO FULLY RELEASE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE NRG Media, KRNY, contest sponsors, and each of their subsidiaries, affiliates, related entities, members, directors, officers, employees, agents, and representatives, from and against any and all actions, charges, claims, losses, costs, damages, expenses (including attorneys’ fees and expenses) and liabilities of any kind or character, whether known or unknown, in connection with, arising out of or in any way related to Winner’s participation in or winning of any contest and/or acceptance, award, ownership or use of prize after it is awarded, including travel.
Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified.
ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITE, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.